People with chronic pain and coexisting disorders including addiction have different requirements than the traditional client with only an addictive disorder. Many programs are beginning to better address these clients in residential and outpatient treatment formats, but unfortunately continuing care treatment is still lacking for clients with pain management needs.
To help deal with this gap in the continuum of care for this population, we have developed Addiction-Free Pain Management® (APM) Continuing Care Coaching services. This service is offered through a conference call format to provide clients with the most flexibility as they return to their families and community.
The goal of APM™ Continuing Care Coaching is to support people with chronic pain conditions who are leaving residential or outpatient treatment to continue the improvements they have made in treatment, and increase their quality of life by implementing a strategic set of pain management and relapse prevention protocols found in the APM™ Continuing Care Coaching Program developed by Dr. Stephen F. Grinstead.
We also offer APM™ Relapse Prevention Coaching for people who cannot or do not want to enroll in a treatment program but could benefit from coaching. To learn more about APM™ Coaching go to the Coaching Page on our website and complete the Coaching Questionnaire to see if coaching is right for you.
Five Point Philosophy of
Addiction-Free Pain Management® Coaching
- We believe that your report of pain is valid. Our approach to assisting you is driven by this basic assumption.
- We treat you with dignity, acknowledging your perception of pain and accepting your cultural, spiritual, and psychological values as your reality.
- Our primary goal is to assist you in addressing your pain, based upon your stated goal for pain relief and helping you avoid relapse or ineffective pain management.
- Addressing both your pain and addiction becomes a delicate balance. We will therefore work with you to find your personal balance point.
- Our role is that of advocate to assist you in achieving your recovery goal while helping you obtain relief of your chronic pain.
If you want to learn more about the Addiction-Free Pain Management® System please check out our website at www.addiction-free.com. to learn more about how to develop effective chronic pain management please go to our Publications page and check out my book The Addiction-Free Pain Management® Recovery Guide. To look for my upcoming trainings please go to our Calendar page. If you want to read more about pain and suffering you can find my article Pain Versus Suffering that you can download for free on our Ariticles page.
To read our latest Chronic Pain Solutions Newsletter please click here. To sign up for Chronic Pain Solutions, please click here and input your name and email address. You will then recieve an autoresponse email that you need to reply to in order to finalize enrollment.